Sunday, May 31, 2009

Capitol Reef National Park

My littlest brother Ben is leaving on his mission to Guatemala this upcoming Wed. June, 3, so for the last weekend we had together, we decided to make a quick trip down to Capitol Reef. Not all of the family was able to go, but for those of us who did, it was a blast.

My parents stayed at a hotel, while Ben, Ruth, and I camped in the park Friday night through the rain, thunder, and lightening. But that was not what kept Ruth and I up, it was my brother's snoring!! I feel bad for his companions! Surprisingly we woke up and were completely dry, thanks to one great rain fly. The morning was beautiful, we ate a a quick breakfast and decided to hike to Cassidy Arch. Aside from a 30 or so minute detour, we made our way atop the arch.

When we returned from the arch, we decided to go see some petroglyphs. I have always liked to see that stuff, and try to figure out their story. There was just a few, but still interesting. By then our appetites were growing. We decided to go get a sandwich and then possibly do another hike.

After our sandwich, it started to hail outside, and dark clouds were surrounding us, so we decided that we probably were not going to be able to do another hike, so we left for home. It was a short getaway, but a very enjoyable way to spend some of the last few days with my little bro!

Self Portrait


Ben, Ruth, and I on Cassidy Arch

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun. I want to go down and do some camping in that area. I haven't been there much. Maybe we will all have to go together!

    ReplyDelete