Friday, May 18, 2012

Moab

We generally do at least 2 trips a year to Moab, one in the spring, and one in the fall. We hadn't been since Zoe was born, so we were excited to get back down to see that beautiful red rock. I don't know what is my deal is lately, but for the past couple trips down, I get nervous while jeeping and don't enjoy it as much. There are a few trails that I will always love and be fine with, but the boys always like to go and do the more difficult trails. I wasn't comfortable with doing even the easiest of trails with Zoe, so I was so excited that my little sister and her hubby tagged along. Ty invited Scott to ride along as passenger with him, so Ruth, Zoe, and I went to explore Arches National Park. It was perfect weather, lower 80's with a slight breeze so great for hiking. We did Delicate Arch in the morning, I couldn't believe Ruth had never been there! I remember going to Arches a few times as kids, but maybe we never hiked there, we just did the lookout. I have hiked it a few times with friends and Tyler, and always enjoy it. We weren't able to do it at sunset though, which is the best. We did a few other little trails to arches after that, and enjoyed our time talking as sisters. I can't remember the last time I spent that much time with her just chatting, it was really fun.

It was our first time tent camping with Zoe and she did great. We camped a few times with her last year, but were lucky enough to use the Happiness Bus, aka Shannon's trailer. The first night was a little difficult to get her to go to sleep because a dog kept barking (she loves dogs, and goes "OOOO" every time she hears one). She woke up with the light very early the first morning, but went back to sleep pretty quick. The second night she was right on with her little schedule, no problems.We are looking forward to lots of summer weekend trips with her!

 Zoe and me under Delicate Arch


 The chipmunk Ruth bribed in
 Wiped out while hiking back
 Fun time playing in the tent

1 comment:

  1. So fun! Maybe we will have to tag along on your fall trip. We haven't been down forever, I miss it. Zoe is so cute!

    ReplyDelete