Monday, April 20, 2009

Triathlon #1

On April 18, 2009 one of my best friends Allison and I completed our first triathlon! It was awesome and I think I am addicted. The triathlon was a sprint and consisted of 3.1 miles of running, 10 miles of biking, and 350 meters of swimming. (In that order)

I felt strong during the run, and mostly with the biking as well. The only thing with the biking was that I had done most of my training inside with this crazy weather, so I think I held back a little. I was also on my sister-in-law's bike and biked in my running shoes instead of clip-ins which would have came in handy on the hill climbs. The swimming was the craziest of all. It was an inside snake swim at the Orem Rec Center, and people were everywhere! Alli and I were most concerned about the swim and how they were going to organize it. Well it wasn't really organized at all!! Let's just say there was a lot of weaving around people throughout each lane, trying not to get kicked.

Overall it was an awesome experience and I am planning on doing a few more this summer!

4 comments:

  1. Good job Rach, Im so proud of you! I love that pic of you on the bike, by the way. Yay for you! I want to watch you in action for the next one you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael, I think you are the most driven and dedicated person I know. You are awesome! Now if you could just rub a little of that off on me that would be great.
    P.S. Congrats on winning Miss Universe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are great! That snake swim sounds crazy, no thank you. How much did this one cost?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Who took all those sweet pictures? Karmabe photography or something... and ps. your sister in law has a name you know... i think it sounds an awful lot like mine.

    glad i could be there and support you! love your guts

    ReplyDelete