Friday, February 24, 2012

Little Swimmer

Danielle and I got the girls started in swim lessons. I know that sounds crazy, but it is really good for them to start in the pool early. The girl we go to will see them as early as 6 mo. We waited until the girls were 9 mo. The lady and her daughters that do it, have a pool in their backyard, and they cover it in the winter, it's pretty cool. They don't waste anytime getting these babies used to the water. They immediately dunk them and start to teach them how to hold their breath under water. Obviously they are not learning the breaststroke, but survival water skills. Learning how to float on their backs, and finding the surface if they were to fall into any water. It is really amazing what they do. I will admit that it is hard to watch, because for the most part she doesn't like it. I really like the one on one teaching method that they have too. No matter what age your child is, they always have their own lesson, it is not a group lesson. It was good to do in the winter I thought, because it got us out of the house. I will for sure do it again in the fall. Check them out on facebook, O'neal Aquatics. I loved the water when I was little, and still do. I plan to spend a lot of time swimming with this little water baby!





No comments:

Post a Comment