Friday, February 24, 2012

New Year 2012

This New Year's Eve was uneventful, with having a baby that goes to bed at 8, it changes a lot of things! I actually don't really enjoy ringing in the New Year, I know, weird. It is a drinkers holiday along with St. Patrick's Day, and if you don't drink (like muah) the time is usually filled with eating junk and going to bed feeling that way. Also, I am more of a morning person than night. Fighting sleep to say Happy New Year, just isn't worth it to me anymore. What I do enjoy is New Year's Day. My family has this tradition of eating fondue on New Year's Day, and it is such a fun tradition. My mom always does a great job with meats, veggies, bread and cheese, dessert with chocolate, the works for sure. Anyone who has had fondue, knows that it is a time consuming thing. You can only cook a few items at a time, and it takes a bit for it to cook. It is the longest dinner we have all year, and it is fun to just have everyone at the table talking and laughing. I wish I would have had my camera to take a picture of everyone and all the pots. This is a tradition I hope to enjoy for a long time, and look forward to every New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment